This super simple dish was a favorite as a child (introduced to me by my grandparents). It's also a great way to introduce fresh produce to young kids and get them used to healthier options!
Serves 2 - 3
Prep time: 7-10 minutes
Cook time: 10 - 12 minutes
*1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
*Pepper, to taste
- Place non-stick pan on stovetop to LO heat.
- When thoroughly heated, add butter and melt down halfway (about 30 seconds).
- Add garlic (optional), onion, and tomatoes and turn heat up to MEDIUM (so it cooks faster).
- Stir occasionally for about 5 mins until tomatoes are cooked down and onions take on a semi-translucent appearance.
- Add whisked eggs and turn heat back down to LO. Turning heat down is important as to not overcook or burn the eggs and will allow the mix to cook more evenly.
- Stir and scrape, folding all the ingredients into one another for about an additional 5-7 mins or until eggs appear more stiff. TIP: For a more "runny" texture, turn off the heat at this point to allow residual heat to cook through the eggs. If you want a more cooked egg, leave the heat on for about another minute while continuing to stir.
- When you get to the desired appearance and texture, season with salt and/or pepper.
Have it alone or serve with toast. I prefer serving over a bed of jasmine (or any long-grained) rice.
FOllow along with mY short video here:
I would love for you to try and let me know what you think. It's unbelievably tasty and simple and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Let me know what you think!
Welcome to my blog where I share my inner thoughts on life and all things I love - beauty, home decor and design, amazing food, our family travels, and fashion!